|Received When Killed||Key to unlock Mario|
Goomboss is a giant goomba, with red eyes and dark feet. He sports huge eyebrows and sideburns on his face. He also has red and white pants and a crown on the top of his head.
As the player keeps trying to defeat him, his skin will change from brown to red, and he will grow larger.
How to defeat Edit
To defeat Goomboss as any player (including Yoshi), the player will have to use this strategy;
1. Goomboss will lead a pack of normal sized Goombas behind him.
2. Yoshi must eat a Goomba and turn it into an egg.
3. Yoshi must then spit it at Goomboss.
4. After the player does this, Goomboss will begin to run around the arena faster and leave more Goombas, making it harder to hit him.
5. If Yoshi manages to hit Goomboss three times, then he will admit defeat and award Yoshi with the key to freeing Mario.
For any other character
1. Goomboss will do the same actions as done with Yoshi (other than dialogue).
2. The player must instead punch a Goomba and aim at Goomboss.
3. As mentioned earlier, he will get faster the more he is hit, making it harder to aim.
4. Once he is defeated, he will admit defeat and award the player with the key again (but it will be of no use).
- Goomboss was originally known as "Goomba King' before his SM64DS appearance.